Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day and I have been so overwhelmed with how happy I am to be Carson's mom!
Today I got beautiful tulips, a funny/cute card from my son, a sweet card from my man, extra time with Carson (my week to work nursery at church :) and time with family.

It has been fun to look back over prayer journal entries I made when I was pregnant and now see how Jesus has answered so many of my prayers! I know every mom must feel this way, but I truly feel with all my heart that Carson is the sweetest, most precious baby boy in the whole world. I'm filled with gratitude to the Father for allowing me the privilege of being Carson's mother! I pray that I will be the best mother for him that I need to be- to love him as his Creator has loved him, to teach him so he can grow in like Jesus "in wisdom, in stature and in favor with God and man," to protect him as our Refuge protects us, and to guide him in gentleness as our Shephard guides His beloved sheep. At times I get so intimidated by the task before me...the sheer responsibility of it all. I'm not talking about the late night, diapers, etc. I'm referring to the gift of molding and guiding this precious person toward all the best that God has for his life! Something I must continually seek Him and trust Him for!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers