Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Only in India..."

September 21 - October 3, 2010

Larry and I had the amazing opportunity to visit Amberley and Joe in India! This is something that I have dreamed of doing since they left, but until late August did not think it was going to be possible. That is until my sweet and selfless husband surprised me with plane tickets for us to go! It actually worked out perfect- I only had to wait 5 weeks from purchase date until departure. We told Joe right away to make sure the dates would work for them, but we waited until Amberley's birthday to reveal the big trip to her. Let's just say she was a little excited!

The trip was a milestone for many reasons. First, we decided it was best to not take Carson on this trip which meant leaving him with grandparents for 12 days. 12 days! Secondly, this was the first time I got to see my pregnant sister and "meet" our niece or nephew coming in March 2011! Third, we have never been to Asia! Lastly, we hoped to encourage/spur-on Ams and Joe as they finish the last leg of their journey in India.

We had such a wonderful time with them! I knew it would be fun, but my expectations were greatly exceeded! We laughed, stayed up way too late, played games, slept in...in addition to the obvious- see Delhi! Lots and lots of Delhi!!! With 20 million people there are a plethora of sights, sounds, and smells that I couldn't imagine without seeing in person. We saw a beautiful people group that desparately need the love, truth, and ancor of the Father's love in Jesus Christ.

I'm beyond thankful for the opportunity we had to go. Thankful for the grandparents (and aunts and uncles :) who made it possible for us to go with the peace of mind that our little munchkin was in good hands. Thankful for Ams and Joe to take so much time to show us everything and then some! Thankful for perfect weather, good health and safe travel. Thankful for a family that is so fun to be with!

I'll post several pics here...but can't begin to post all the 400 pics taken!!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all had fun! I'm also glad you and Larry were able to go and encourage two special people-I know they loved having you guys there! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany I teared up reading this and seeing the pictures! I am so glad you guys got to go!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers