Sunday, August 8, 2010

Major updates...all in order

As you can see from the posting dates...it has been over a month since my last post! And of course it has been one of the most important/busy months of updates...things that are definitely "blog-post worthy." So without further delay, I will try to capture the past month for all who are interested. On July 18th, we moved in to our new home!!!! The home building process took exactly 4 months to complete and although it was a bit stressful at times, it really went much smoother than I had prepared myself for. And in answer to our prayers, our marriage survived what we hear can be one of the biggest tests of your relationship (hahaha) and we even came in on budget! Praise the Lord! Now, 3 weeks later, we are still sorting through, cleaning out, unpacking, etc. but have settled in fairly quickly. Sorry I don't have a final picture of the outside...that will come...sod has been laid and fence is up...landscaping to come. And yes, the move happened while my parents and brother were in India visiting my sister! Good times!

Then, on July 26th, Larry and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! Given the chaos surrounding it and the fact it was on a Monday, we didn't get to celebrate with a date until later in the week at which time we romantically included our daily trip to Lowes. Don't get too jealous! Ironically, it is the only picture we have from our anniversary!

The biggest celebration of all came on August 3rd!!! CARSON'S FIRST BDAY!!!! This will get a blog post or two all of its own, but suffice it to say, we had a fantastic day with two super fun birthday parties! Our baby is growing so fast.....anyways, before we break out the tissue box, I'll wrap up the summary. On August 6th was my 29th bday, enough said- haha! Today is August 8th and I'm left to ponder/rejoice over all the many blessings the Father has poured down on us! And I'm longing for a few days of rest! :)

Our kitchen at move in time


Furniture in- YAY



Happy 7th Anniversary!


Carson enjoying his new view from his room :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture of Carson looking out his window-what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers