Saturday, July 3, 2010

11 months old

Time for the monthly milestones! As usual, this month has gone by quickly and once again I am amazed at how Carson seems to be learning new things every day. He is such a happy and content little baby (intentionally saying "baby" instead of "boy" as I'm getting super sappy and emotional over the thought of his birthday party and how fast time flies...). It gives me such JOY being his mommy! What a blessing he is to our lives - we are basically head over heels in love with our son!
-As you can see from the previous posts, he loves his little swimming pool
-Two new teeth...we are no longer a vampire, his top to middle teeth have come in. That makes a grand total of 6 teeth now!
-Trying a variety of finger foods but still really likes his baby food. As you can tell from a few of these pictures, between the carrots, sweet potatoes, squash etc- his nose has taken on that token orange hue.
-Crawling well and now crawls from room to room to find me if I leave his sight. Also very good at going from belly to sitting position.
-CLAPPING- his new favorite game...after weeks of trying to get him to clap it was literally like the light bulb went off in his head one day and he started clapping out of the blue and hasn't stopped yet. He also does this really cute thing where he randomly throws his arms in the air...after which we shout "Praise the Lord" and he laughs:)
-loves his cheerios- never truly appreciated the entertainment factor they provide as well...he will sit content with handful of them long enough for me to shower and get ready
-cut back to nursing only 3 times a day...as hard as it is for me to admit it, he is weaning himself. I'm so thankful I have been able to continue breastfeeding him, and I really never dreamed it would be this hard for me to let that go...one more month...
-enjoys being read to at night and very good at helping me turn the pages...no, really- he sits very still and lets me read most of the page and as soon as I lift the corner of the page, he turns it for me.
Enjoy- his 11 month pictures in his rocker with Bundar! (I recruited some help from Larry to help take these- that's why he is sitting still compared to last month's attempt).


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers