Sunday, August 9, 2009

CARSON JACK WALKER HAS ARRIVED!

The long awaited blog update has finally arrived :) Along with our absolutely precious and perfect Carson!!!!!! So sorry for you all that have been looking at my nasty swollen feet for awhile instead of the oh so handsome face you see now!!! My brother the photographer of the family helped capture each moment and my sis the journalist help record it all (see her blog feeblefeet for the minute-by-minute details :)

To summarize...after being placed on bed rest on July 29, my water broke at 9:40pm on
August 2. By the time we made it to the hospital around 11pm, my contractions were every 3 minutes and pretty strong. I was dilated 5cm and 100% effaced. Epidural was given at ???time- at that point I wasn't paying too much attention to the clock :) They called the doctor in around 2:30am and told me not to push until she got there. Once she arrived, Carson decided maybe he didn't want to come out after all...pushed until 4:24am and then he decided to make his grand entrance!!! All-in-all for labor and delivery stories, I am thankful for a fairly mild story to tell! FYI- I'm a big fan of epidurals now! (had been a bit hesitant and contemplated not getting one, but I am so glad I did).

Carson weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches long. He has brown hair (as you can see) and it looks like a dimple developing on his left cheek (which you can't see yet).

After that, the past week has been one marvelous blur!! Every day I feel better and more like myself and every day, we are learning more about being parents and falling head over heels in love with this precious bundle of joy!!!!!! God has been so gracious to give us such a special and sweet baby boy and I thank Him daily for this little man!!!!!




















What a HUGE blessing technology is!!!!!!! We were SO thankful that Amberley and Joe were able to be a part of it all through skype!!!!!!!! Definitely an answered prayer for all of us!!!!


Leaving the hospital



First time in his crib at home.



Being held by BeBe (my mom)...more family picks to follow at some point soon.


Leaving hospital



cuddling my little man once we got home.



gazing into his daddy's eye :)



going for a walk with daddy




cute, huh?
(this is also the point you will notice how jaundice Carson got!)




second bath (no real great pics of the first...I think it was traumatic for all three of us :)







5 comments:

  1. He is just precious and it looks like you two are already natural parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pictures! so when do we get to hear your "baby story" ?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany,
    I'm so excited all is going so well. Carson is precious and I can tell by your and Larry's smiles how happy you are. Stay well and be happy!
    Vicki Hazzard
    *Kim Stroh's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy from you guys! Congrats!!! Blake and Owen are excited to meet their new buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at all the pictures. Some of them I hadn't seen yet. I love the "Jesus is my best friend" outfit. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers