Sunday, February 5, 2012

A bit of randomness

So potty training went really well...at least from my perspective.  Would highly recommend the 3- day training method we decided to use (http://www.3daypottytraining.com/)!  We are still having a few accidents (mostly #2) but overall, he is going most of the time dry.  It was so fun to go to shopping this week and NOT have to buy diapers!!

"Poor baby" (as he kept saying tonight mimicking my earlier sentiment), now he has a really nasty upper respiratory infection...listened to him earlier and it doesn't sound like bronchitis and his PE tubes are draining so he's not suffering the pain of a typical ear infection. We will see if he wakes up without a fever tomorrow.  I am praying so!

On to other topics...I am reading "Radical" by David Platt right now and reading through the book of Hebrews inductively (unashamed to admit this is my first attempt at an inductive study).  Talk about some real challenges.  Radical is not saying anything that the Word doesn't already tell us it just places it in the clear contrast that it is to our American Dream.  It keeps hitting me right between the eyes and punching me in the gut all at the same time.  There just doesn't seem to be a way to reconcile my comfortable cozy life with the life Jesus called his disciples to pursue.  So I will continue to pray my way through and know that if my heart is truly willing to listen and see the Father will make it clear how my life is to look differently.

On that note, memory verse for the week is (will try to type for memory) Hebrews 1:3 "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being SUSTAINING ALL THINGS BY HIS POWERFUL WORD.  After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."  Forgot the all caps section- such an important section!  Maybe it is a small reminder not to forget that part in my daily life!!!

We spent last weekend moving my sweet grandmother from her duplex at Parkway Village in Little Rock to the assisted living housing in the same community.  This involved a ton of work on the part of my parents!  Since my dad is an only child, the sole responsibility of caring for my aging grandma and grandpa (who is in the nursing home at the same community for the time being) has fallen on him.  (Side note- this is one reason why no matter how much I toy with the idea of letting Carson remain an only child I know siblings are a great thing I hope to give him some day.)  Anyways, she also had to down-size substantially and so I got to bring a few special things home with me.  A few special dishes, plant stand, bird cage, porcelain doll, etc...thankfully my grandmother had good taste!  It has been fun finding special places to either display or store these items (and it was really fun that we did this all while she can still tell us the significance behind each item).  Here are a few pictures of our little adventure.



WEEEE!!!!
Elsy Kate wants to go to Grandma's new place!

Plant stand was my grandpa's mother's (my great-grandmother).  Bird cage was my grandmother's.  Now have a few more plants on display but this was the only pic I had.


1 comment:

  1. So glad it went well for you. I love reading your blog. It keeps me update to date on your family. The three day potty training method did not work for my oldest. I started at 2.5 (to the date) and he potty trained at age 4 (to the date). Never, never again will I do that. Jonathan should potty train quicker than big brother, I sure hope so atleast. I will see if he's ready this summer when he turns 3.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers