Monday, December 21, 2009

THE BEST CHRISTMAS SURPRISE EVER!!!

I don't normally journal very much on our blog...I'm a picture kind of gal. But the following Christmas present is one that needs a bit of background information and is just too good to not share with anyone who will read!! Pretty much anyone that knows me well knows how close my family is and how much I have missed my sister and brother-in-law while they are spending some time overseas! They left the country in April with the plans of returning in January 2011. God has been so good to us during this time away...providing ample resources to stay in touch (including skype at the hospital when Carson was born). By far, the hardest part of them being gone was that Carson would be 18 months old when he first gets to meet his Auntie Ams and Cha Cha Joe face to face. That has been a difficult concept for me to wrap my mind around, but I knew that was just the way it was and the Father would provide a special relationship for them with Carson...even being oceans apart. Our heavenly Father is so good!! And my earthly father is one amazing man! A living example of my heavenly Father! Back in August when Carson was born, my dad started talking with Amberley and Joe about the possiblity of them coming home for the holidays. Thankfully the Lord had favor on them and their company agreed to let them come home. So they started planning but only revealed this plan to those on a need-to-know basis. I was not included on that roster!

Fast forward to December...again the Lord has been gracious to help me find joy in the true meaning of Christmas regardless of the circumstances...enjoying the time even if my sister and best friend is on the other side of the world! I have been trying so hard to be content with the many blessings we have been given and not dwell on the things I think are missing from the holiday...but occasionally I would slip...like when Larry asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said the only thing I wanted I couldn't have and that was to see my sister - really SEE her and HUG her- not just skype "see" her. Little did I know...

So Friday December 18, my dad calls and says he is at our house and has Carson's Christmas present...he wanted us to come outside and see. I couldn't imagine what my dad had found for Carson...he has everything he needs and then some! So I headed outside and Larry was right behind me holding Carson. My mom and brother are there with the video camera and my dad is at the back of their vehicle like he is getting something out of the trunk...then the back seat doors open and out jumps Amberley from one side and Joe from the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe what I was seeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were about 50 million thoughts going through my mind and yet utter speechlessness all at the same time!!!!!!!!!!! Then came to overwhelming happy sobs of joy and gratitude!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best thing ever to hug my sister's neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even better was getting to watch her meet her nephew for the first time and kiss his little cheek!!!!!!!!!!

Words can't express how truly grateful I am for my dad's most precious gift and it can't come close to comparing to my Heavenly Father's most awesome Christmas gift of Jesus Christ. It is incredible to me how we can experience such love and joy and excitement here on this earth...and yet those emotions pale in comparison to the love our Father has for us and the excitement we will experience when we are re-united with Him in glory for eternity!

So my little heart couldn't be happier this Christmas....

enjoy a few glimpses of this wonderful surprise!

Auntie Ams and Carson enjoying some precious bonding time!!! He already loves her so much!




The three sibs together for Christmas!



Just precious pictures that I never dreamed I would get to take!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers